Monday, May 7, 2007

Balance

This poem may be a little dark in nature, but sometimes I try and write what needs to be written. Balance is all about taking the good with the bad, and the light with the dark. Without either of them, life would not be whole, and thus unsatisfying.

Balance

The wind blows The wind blows
And I fall And I jump
Off of this bridge called Off of this bridge called
Life. Life.
Someone please catch me! No one catch me!
Don’t let me slip Let me slip
Below the surface Below the surface
Of unrelenting death. Of sweet, sweet death.
Pull me from the depths. Push me down into the depths.
Don’t let me drown Let me drown
In unwanted pain. In welcomed pain.
It’s too late, I’m gone. Finally I’m gone.
I sink I sink
Down to rock bottom Down to rock bottom
I think all is lost I hope all is lost
I see a shimmering light I see a shimmering light
From above the surface From above the surface
I turn towards I turn away
I swim hard and fast I dig hard and fast
Up to the very top Under all of the sand
I gasp I gasp
Fresh air! Rancid water!
I welcome it I welcome it
I live the rest of my life happy. I die and the rest of my life is over.

No comments: